New Moon Pictures
Create Twilight and New Moon pictures.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Dinner...

The house was literally abuzz with preparations for our "family" Thanksgiving dinner. All the hand stamped invites gingerly detailed with brown and orange ribbon had went out. Charlie and Sue, Billy all of our extended family at the reservation, even my grandmother Renee who had politely declined due to a recent decision to go vegetarian and completely boycott the killing of innocent turkeys and therefore would not be eating anyway. Little did she know she wouldn't be the only one not partaking in this particular meal...
Alice had spent days hand picking the perfect linens and floral arrangement. The house was filled with warmth and laughter and Jake was salivating like a beast at the smells wafting from the kitchen, taking every opportunity to butter Esme up with compliment at the hopes of digging in a little early, to no avail. Only to be sent back to the living room with the children and the Thanksgiving Day parade. As the last gigantic balloon made its way through time square, and Jake and Mason nearing irritability at the prospect of waiting any longer to eat the door bell rang. My mother met me at the foot of the stairs, in what appeared to be on fleeting movement I barely caught out of the corner of my eye, and we opened the door to welcome Charlie and Sue. A faint hint of gray playing around his temples, he pulled me into a bear hug, I backed away as my Mother ever so gently embraced Sue.
"Bells", Charlie said "looking the... same" he smiled.
"Thanks Dad", she smiled back.
I'd watched her during each visit this year the realization of Charlie's aging seemed to be dawning on her more prevalently each time. This was the part of "our world" that hit the hardest...
But today wasn't a day for that, today was for being thankful for each moment, no matter how fleeting. And, so as we welcomed each guest and settled in for dinner, my Father took the opportunity to welcome each of them to our home. Expressing gratitude to them for sharing this special day and them settled in to watch everyone else enjoy their meal. The hint of a smile playing on his lips as he ever so subtly winked at my Mother. They would be partaking in their feast later. I looked around at all the faces. My family, their pale faces, beautifully carved dancing in the candlelight and the other side of the table, warm brown skin, and once stoic faces in our presence laughing along glowing just the same. There was no other word to describe each and everyone present at this feast than family. I couldn't think of a better way to spend Thanksgiving...

As Always With Love Renesmee Cullen-Black as interpreted by Elizabeth Queen

2 comments:

  1. PLEASE write more!!!! I am so in love with this stories.......and its a great way to transition in to living without anymore twilight smoothly lol...so please please please write more!!!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you are a very talented writer...and deserved to be published.....

    ReplyDelete