New Moon Pictures
Create Twilight and New Moon pictures.

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Proposal...

My father was becoming more irritable by the day, he had spent the last week sifting through Jacob's thoughts, against my Mother's wishes, which would be a good indication as to how crazy it was driving him, because normally my Mother was essentially his top priority, but with Jacob thinking about asking for my hand in marriage, my father was beside himself to say the least.. It's rather funny to think back on it now, considering he went against almost everyone's wishes and pursued a relationship with my Mother, a fragile (clumsy) human, and fell in love married her and essentially, well here I am.. he above anyone else should know that sometimes there are situations beyond our control. But he was my father, no one else's, and although he had spent the last 8 years sifting through Jacob's thoughts, essentially feeling every emotion he felt for me, he still panicked at the thought of his only daughter being in such close proximity to a Werewolf. But, even he couldn't doubt the love and devotion that Jacob had for me. So, when Jacob had firmly made up his mind that he was going to pop the question (oh that's so cliche) he and my father had had a mental conversation, probably because no one else would have wanted to hear my Father's side of that conversation, and my Father agreed that Jacob had his permission to ask for my hand in marriage..


So the day of, Jacob had been so distant that I was actually starting to get worried, normally we would exchange little kisses all day long, always touching and orbiting around each other, his warmth was just so amazing, when he was around it felt like he was my own personal sun.. But today I knew something was bothering him, his dark eyes were sternly set below his deep brow line in full concentration, and I feared the worst.. Especially since everyone in my family including my father had been odd and brooding for days, what was happening were we leaving, had the Volturi decided they were coming after us again, was something wrong with someone, Billy, was he sick? Jacob? I mean I wasn't exactly sure how it worked, he was a werewolf, but he was also still human, he could still get sick, right? I was really getting nervous, my heartbeat accelerated as all of the thoughts ran through my mind, I could feel the sweat dewing up on the back of my neck, and suddenly he heard my heart and pulled me to a stop..

"Ness, what's wrong?" .. "I, oh Jake are you sick, what's wrong is it Billy, do you have to leave me what's happening, please tell me what's wrong, is there anything I can d-"

"Ness, pleease calm down, what got you so worked up all of a sudden?" , he said smiling his bright smile against his deep, russet skin, any other day it would have been enough to stop me in my tracks, but today something was wrong, and how could he smile when my whole world was being turned upside down..
"But, you.. you've looked so worried all day, and everyone's been acting so weird lately, I just assumed that something was wrong and you didn't want to hurt me so you haven't told me.."

He started laughing and here in the forest it echoed off of all the trees, I was getting angry... "You know you are really more like your Mother than you realize, always jumping... well leaping in great bounds to the wrong conclusions, " he said smiling. I let out a low growl, I could feel the blood rushing to my face, and I knew I was blushing in anger. "There's nothing wrong Ness, I..I'm just doing alot of thinking, trying to find the right words, I'm not to good with words you know..

And with that we stepped between two big trees into a clearing filled with flowers and candles, it was beautiful.. breathtaking... amazing... "Jake you know you really shouldn't contribute to forest fires.." We both started smiling and the tension broke...

He took my hand, and I thought about how my hand was so small in his, how strong he was and how he would always protect me. He placed his other hand onto the small of my back and led me to the center of the clearing.. There had been a tree cut down directly in the middle and as we got closer I seen all of the intricate detail that had been carved into the stump, there was a beautiful wolf howling at the moon, the wood was a deep russet color, just like Jake... there were two other smaller wolves carved out beside of him and on the other side of the wolves was a beautiful girl with long flowing curls, and an angelic face.. As I walked around the stump I seen all of the pack carved out in smaller representation right alongside my family.. it was beautiful, the amount of detail it was both of our worlds intricately weaved together among vines and trees, it was like it showed our whole life right before us, and though we were so different we fit so well together... it was so beautiful I had barely realized the small black box sitting on top of it right in the center. I took in a deep breath, and he wound his arms around me and I turned to look at him....

"Renesmee Cullen, I love you more than life itself, I couldn't imagine my life without you.. You are my sun, my moon, my stars and my universe... I know that we have alot of differences, and our relationship has progressed quickly and in no way Normal, but I will protect, worship, love and adore you until I take my last breath... I wanted to show you how much you mean to me, not just you but your whole family, I know it sounds crazy but our worlds fit perfectly together, and one day..." He traced his hand across the two smaller wolves, "Our families will be one..."

I could feel the tears fall from my face, because although I had doubts and fears, I had seen it too our whole future, I had spent so many nights thinking and dreaming about it, and here it was right in front of me, was this real? Could it be?

"Remesmee, I will love you everyday of forever, will you marry me?"

I couldn't even answer, all I could do was nod my head.. He scooped me up and and we spun around when he placed me down, he kissed me and he was so warm it took my breath away I felt dizzy, my heart beat faster, I knew he could hear it so he put me down, and looked into my eyes, smiling, he was so beautiful, and I had never seen him look happier.

He said "Oh, I guess you want to see the ring?," We both started laughing, as he opened the box, it was beautiful, a single diamond set on a delicate golden band, completely understated and simple, just like Jacob, not overdone, and beautiful. He slid it onto my finger.. "This was my Mother's ring, and although I have two older sisters my Father thought that you should have this, he says you remind him alot of my Mother, her same spirit..." "It's, it's beautiful Jake..". "Really you like it I was worried it wouldn't be enough, I know how extravagant your fam-."  "Jake it's perfect, just like you.."

He smiled and kissed me again, taking my breath away. "Shall we go show everyone then?" I asked. This time he took a deep breath...

As Always With Love Renesmee Cullen-Black as interpreted by Elizabeth Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment