New Moon Pictures
Create Twilight and New Moon pictures.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Human Experiences...

I walked into Carlisle's office, closing the door behind me, not that that would make a difference in this house, no in this house there was no such thing as a private conversation, (I threw that in just for Edward's benefit.) And just like everyone else, Ness had heard a good bit of the conversation that had just taken place outside, and was already shaking her head no.
Gah, she was so stubborn.
She had stood up to stretch her muscles, she really had gotten huge in the last couple of days, I gently smiled at her, as I placed my hands on her stomach, she leaned forward kissing me, as I felt the baby kick under my hands.. She smiled, as I helped her get back into bed, but as soon as she was settled, the same determined look crossed her face, I turned to face the firing squad...






"Listen Ness, I know you have your heart set on a natural childbirth, and I know that Carlisle would agree if he thought it was best, but I think for everyone's safety, we should go with what Carlisle recommends," I said, wincing because I could see with every word, the fire had been lit inside her..
"You, listen Jake, I am sick and tired of everyone making my decisions for me, I'm very well educated, I've read everything there is to read on the subject, and there's no medical reason to go forth with a cesarean. It's just another way for everyone else to be in control, no one thinks I'm strong enough to handle this, I am not a child, and at any moment I'm going to be someone's Mother. I've made this decision for myself, and as long as the baby shows no distress, I will proceed with a natural child birth, just like we wanted," she said crossing her arms, she hadn't taken a breath the whole time, and her face was red.. almost purple, just like Charlie's got when he was angry. The fact that she was my imprint, made it nearly impossible to say or do anything to upset her, so it hurt me to see her upset, and as much as I wanted what was best for her, I could definitely see where she was coming from. I just hated myself for putting everyone in this position. I also knew that even though her family disagreed, they would all be there to support her, and Carlisle would take every necessary precaution....except one, one that neither of us agreed with.. Surely they all had heard the rant she just had, and I imagined everyone, with the exception of her hard-headed Mother, would show no disdain, especially when it came to Ness. I leaned forward kissing her on the forehead,
"Okay, whatever you see best my Nessie. If you're in, I'm In..." I said.
With that Carlisle walked in, with Bella and Edward following behind. He looked at both of our faces, "Well I see you've made your decision then." We each shook our heads, "And, you know my opinion on the matter?" Again we shook our heads, "Okay then, as you are measuring 40 centimeters today, and the baby looks to be in no distress, if you haven't gone into labor by in the morning, we will induce your labor. That way I can monitor you at all times, just to be safe." he anxiously eyed Bella and Edward, Bella was chewing on her lip, as Edward had his arms around her waist. "Everyone will hunt tonight, to be on the safe side, we want to take every necessary precaution.."
With that he leaned down and kissed Nessie on the forehead, Bella and Edward did the same, as they parted ways to go hunt.
I was looking forward to some alone time with Nessie, I knew if anything was bothering her, she would tell me when we were alone...
When I was sure everyone was out of earshot, and mind reading range.. I broke the silence.
"Ness are you sure this is what you want to do? No one will think you aren't brave or strong, if you change your mind, we all love you unconditionally." I said, stroking her hair.
"No, Jake it's nothing like that, I just.. well, I just think that childbirth is such a beautiful amazing experience, and I've missed so many normal human experiences, that this isn't one I want to compromise on.." she smiled, "Besides, I am tougher than people think, and I think this will be the most amazing experience of both of our lives."
I couldn't disagree with that, I had been dreaming of the moment since I found out she was pregnant, I couldn't wait to see our child, coming forth from the woman I love, I knew if it were possible, I would love her all the more, for giving me such an amazing gift, to be a Father.... someone's Dad, we would be parents... I couldn't wait. Excitement set in, clouded by anxiety, as I realized, we had less than a day before we would meet our child, as our eyes met, she could read the doubt washing through me, she gently ran her hand through my hair, leaving her warm palm on my cheek, just as she shrilled in pain......
I watched as the monitor beside the bed spiked with a fervent contraction, it was time.......

-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment