New Moon Pictures
Create Twilight and New Moon pictures.

Monday, September 20, 2010

A Simpler Time... Jake's POV

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28


My head felt like it was going to explode, I had never been so stressed and so worried about anyone in my whole life, I sat there in a chair pulled up beside Renesmee, holding her hand as she slept, she never woke that day, and Carlisle said it was probably from the medication; like me, her temperature ran a little warmer than the average human, so it was a trial basis as to how many pain meds she needed, I was wary but knew that he was doing his best to take care of her.. and the baby..
Somewhere throughout the night I feel asleep, it was like my mind couldn't handle it anymore, Bella and Edward hadn't left her side and the tension in the room was so thick, you could cut it with a knife.. I slept in the chair, with my head leaning against the bed, never letting go of Renesmee's hand, and at some point began dreaming...dreaming of a simpler time, before Ness knew she was my imprint... before anything got complicated, when we were just friends, best friends...

Every morning I sat in the same spot, in the woods in my wolf form, between two trees, just out of sight of the big house, I would watch as she came out the side door, onto the porch of their home to watch the sunrise...
She always wore her white sweater, pulling it around her as the wind would blow through her hair, sending her scent in my direction.. It was the most amazing smell in the world, a sweet-honey lilac scent, I couldn't even concentrate when it would fill my nose. I watched as the sun peeked out through the ever looming clouds above, casting a faint glow across her skin, setting off the beautiful bronze color of her hair hanging down her back.. She always whispered something, which until later I wouldn't know was her morning prayers, asking God to watch over her family,over me, her friends, and thanking him for another beautiful sunrise... So many mornings I wished to be on the porch with her, my arms wrapped around her as we watched the sun rise, and we said our morning prayers for our family, but she needed time.. time to grow time to mature, although she was probably already more mature than I was at the time, I knew soon she'd be strong enough to handle everything that being the imprint of a werewolf entailed, and as I watched her on the porch, she looked in my direction, and I could hear her whispering as she assured me she was strong enough, she was going to make it through this.. and I felt her hand touch mine, it felt so real, like she was right there, soft as silk.. running just a few degrees warmer than me, and then I felt her hand running through my hair, even more real this time.
I blinked just a few times, and I wasn't in the woods anymore, I was inside in Carlisle's office....
I looked up into Ness' eyes, she was awake although she looked weak.
"Hi," she said smiling, "For once you were talking in your sleep".
I laughed, an odd sound after the day that had transpired, "How long have you been awake, I'm sorry I fell asleep, I didn't me-".
"Shh, it's okay I've only been awake a few minutes, I feel much better though," she said smiling, although I knew her so I could tell she was putting up a front, but I was just glad to hear her speak and see her awake, now I just wanted to see what happened next...

-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment