New Moon Pictures
Create Twilight and New Moon pictures.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

It Takes A Village...

I don't know where the old saying originated from, but it still rings true today.."It takes a village to raise a child" well in our case children. I knew it would be difficult, especially considering the certain, shall I say challenges, we've faced since becoming parents, I mean don't get me wrong the babies were wonderful, they were good sleepers, both sleeping throughout the night.. they had healthy appetites, with enough of their father's blood coursing through their veins that the taste for blood wasn't on their lips, they were all around good babies..
But no one tells you how much you'll worry about their mere existence, it's.... crippling.. I felt as though I didn't sleep for the first two weeks of their lives just to pop up throughout the night and make sure they were breathing and still well, I worry about every aspect of their lives and futures, their health and happiness.. everything..
So when Jake surprised me by saying that we were going to have a date night, I was excited but, well I'll say it... worried..
I didn't know if I could leave my babies with anyone else overnight.. and instantly that "mommy guilt" that everyone talks about kicked in and I suddenly knew why so many women walk around sleep deprived, in need of a shower and looking like their going to snap with the kind of fervor that lands them on the eleven o' clock news, but I digress.
Jake... and my family, especially my mother assured me that all would be fine and it was one night of their lives, they were well protected and would be well taken care of, but still their lives were going by so quickly that I didn't want to miss a single moment of it..
I felt a sickening ball of guilt in the pit of my stomach as I walked down the steps of my families home headed for the rabbit. Jake was holding my hand and I knew he could tell I was worried.. (there's that word again)
I sucked in a deep breath and vowed that I would make the most of this night with my husband, just as he stopped me, wrapping my hair in his hands and kissed me with enough passion that my heart skipped a beat, and my bones went to jello... was I still standing?

To be Continued....


As Always With Love Renesmee Cullen-Black as interpreted by Elizabeth Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment