New Moon Pictures
Create Twilight and New Moon pictures.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Next Morning...

When I woke up the sun was shining brightly through the glass, and I was warm, almost too warm, but I had finally had a good nights sleep. Alice told us that our house would be ready today, so I was thankful that I was well rested, I knew Jake would be more than excited to get moved, he liked it here but he couldn't always deny his natural aversion to vampires, and I knew that Leah was constantly in his mind giving him grief about "switching sides". I couldn't deny it would be nice to get some distance between us and my family, it's not always easy living in a house with a mind reader and a family with impossibly keen hearing.. it would feel good to kind of be "on our own". I had spent so many nights dreaming of what it would be like to be Jacob's wife, watching Emily take care of Sam, I was so envious, I wanted to cook for Jacob, and be that strong woman that gave him a steady base to come home to no matter what the day had thrown at him. To be able to be his rock, even though he was so sure of himself, I knew he appreciated me being there to listen, and talk to and I always wanted to be there for him. There was nothing I liked more than lying in bed holding each other saying everything that we could never tell anyone else, so intimate...


Yes I was excited! I couldn't even wait for him to wake up, I got up and started getting dressed, combing out my curls with my fingers, I knew that if I got up first it was only a matter of minutes before he would follow. He came around the corner and said "Ness what are you in such a hurry for?".

"Alice said they were putting the finishing touches on our place today, I'm gonna go see if there ready to welcome us to our "humble abode"..we both started laughing and he scooped me up in his arms, we went spinning out the bathroom door and landed on the bed..

"I'm sooo excited Ness, not that I don't like it here.." he rolled his eyes, and I giggled, "But it will definitely be nice to get some time alone, and not constantly have to guard my thoughts around the house when your Father's here, I mean were newlyweds for crying out loud!", we both started laughing again.

"I know Jake," I said rubbing my hand up and down his side, we were lying down my head on his shoulder, "I can't wait to "play house" with you, you know really feel like I'm your wife and spend our evenings eating meals around OUR table, talk and hold hands around OUR fireplace, hmm I wonder if we'll have a fireplace? Or if Alice even thought to give us a table, surely she didn't think we'd be hunting all the time you think?"

"I'm sure it will be great Ness, and Esme would never put together a home without a table, that would be soo passe," he said making a grand gesture with his hands. We both started hysterically laughing and mock wrestling with each other, when we heard a knock at the door, I sat up "Come in.."

Alice slowly opened the door, which I knew must be hard for her, I was sure she was bursting with excitement... I was right. "Are you ready to see your New House?", she said bouncing with excitement, she was already helping us both off of the bed.

"Just let me go grab a shirt," Jake said. "No you don't have to do that," I said giggling. He just rolled his eyes, smiling walking towards the closet "I'll meet you guys down stairs."

My Mother and Father were at the foot of the stairs their heads touching gently embracing one another, I landed at the the bottom of the stairs with a light thud, and my Mother looked up. She looked so worried that I instantly went to her and wrapped my arms around her waist, "Mom what's wrong, did something happen?" I looked up into her warm, topaz eyes.. soft filled with concern.

"No honey, nothings wrong I just can't believe you were only born 10 short years ago and here you are moving out on your own, a grown married woman.." She looked like she would've been crying if she could. My Father was lightly rubbing up and down her shoulders. I assume that it was probably similar to what a parent feels when their child leaves for college, she knew that I would be safe, that it was a great adventure, surely only what was best for me, but still you hurt to see your baby leaving...

"Oh Mom, I'm only going to be right through the woods, I'm always here when you need me," I said encouragingly squeezing just a little tighter. While my Mother was so strong physically and could protect countless vampires with her shield, I still felt like she was fragile and in need of protection and care, sometimes I felt like I was her Mother. But, I couldn't deny the love I felt for her and it hurt me to see her hurt.. But I knew that with my Father she would be fine and I would always be right there with her, I lifted my hand to her cheek to show her that and she shook her head..

"I know honey, I'll be fine just feeling a little nostalgic today," at that she brightened up a little, "Well are you ready to see your new house?". Just then Jake came down the stairs, "I know I am," he said excitedly my Father shot him a glare, Jake didn't know what had just transpired, or by the look in my Father's eyes maybe that wasn't the only purpose behind the glare, "What, what did I say?" "Nothing Jake, are we all ready then?" I said looking at my Mother.

"Ready as I'll ever be.."she said taking in a deep breath, a forced smile across her face...

As Always With Love Renesmee Cullen-Black as interpreted by Elizabeth Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment