New Moon Pictures
Create Twilight and New Moon pictures.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Celebration...

Well, our plan was to pass around the scrapbook of photos I had made for Jake, complete with our newest photograph...
We had invited everyone over to my families home for dinner, Charlie and Sue, Leah and Seth, Sam and Emily, their precious daughter Mia, Jake's Father Billy, and the rest of the pack from La Push, I felt like it would be best to get it all out there at one time...My parents felt differently...
Alice had the house decorated, impeccably, we had reused the twinkling lights lighting the pathway, Esme had prepared a six course meal, and Rosalie had a beautiful table setting out complete with candles...
My Mother and Father were incredibly nervous that we chose to break the news in this fashion, they were worried what the pack would think, they felt like werewolves could be incredibly unstable, and they were unsure that this would go over as well as we hoped...
My Mother was most concerned with Charlie, she thought he might have a heart attack, she warned me that he wasn't getting any younger and we should take it as easy as possible with him...
Our guests started arriving at around seven, Charlie and Sue first, although Charlie had watched me grow at an insanely fast rate, and he knew I was different he never asked to many questions and seemed to be content with just being a part of my life, "Ahh, my sweet Nessie, your practically glowing this afternoon," he said hugging me as he came in the door, Sue was still close to his side, no matter how many years she'd been coming here with Charlie she never was quite comfortable, she seemed to get along with me best, though she knew I was....different. My father said it was my charm, and he secretly hoped that my charm would help everyone warm up to the whole baby idea faster than he hoped...
Seth and Leah followed in behind them, Leah forced a smile, for Jake's sake and stalked past us with her arms tightly folded, but Seth could barely wait to get in the door, he had always been the most understanding of my family, he had grown the closest to them, by far. As Leah walked through the door, he entered and scooped me into a huge hug, "Nessie, how are you?  It's really been to long, you look beautiful tonight.." he said smiling..
"It's great to see you too Seth," I said, giggling Seth and I had always been close, but this had reached a new level of enthusiasm even for him, Jake eyed him with speculation a huge grin on his face.
"Okay Seth take it down a notch you little Punk." he said.
"Sorry Jake, I just haven't seen you guys since the wedding and I really missed you, and you Ness you look beautiful, your simply glowing this afternoon..." he said smiling again. Jake wrapped his arm around my waist.
"Seth, go on in and find a seat" Jake said in his most Alpha voice, all I could do was giggle.
The rest of the guests slowly filed in, Jake and I greeted everyone, and took a deep breath, this could be a very interesting night to say the least, Jake hugged me and kissed me on the cheek, whispering in my ear "Are you ready?" he leaned back smiling, as I nodded my head, "Ready as I'll ever be I guess..." we turned the corner to face our family....
Carlisle welcomed everyone to his home, as Esme brought out the first course. Jake and I thanked everyone for coming and Jake brought out "the Book".
"Hey, is that more wedding pictures?" Charlie said, taking the book from Jake.
"There's a few in there Jake said, Nessie made that for me it was kinda a wedding gift, I thought we could pass it around tonight, take some time to.... catch up" he said. My Father was eyeing him doubtfully he didn't think this was a very good idea, and he made no qualms about sharing his dismay....
Charlie sat eagerly flipping through the photos, Sue was oohing and ahhing over his shoulder, and then it was clear they had made it to the final photo, because they both froze, I don't even think they were breathing, Charlie's lower lip slightly quivered and he looked up with a blank stare, it took a full minute, and then in the soft candlelight you could see a glimmer of a tear spill down his cheek, I felt horrible, I didn't know he would take it quite like this, and I never wanted to make him sad, everybody had been nonchalantly talking, but without an announcement they all turned to Charlie, he stood up laying the open book on the table. Jake stood with him, putting himself between Charlie and I, I looked at my Father to get any indication of what Charlie was thinking but his face portrayed no emotion, Charlie took a deep breath and a step towards Jake... wrapping his arms around Jake in a huge hug, "Congratulations..." he said smiling. He took a step around Jacob, and gently hugged me, taking a step back he wiped a tear from my cheek, I hadn't even realized I was crying, "I never thought I'd live to see a Grandchild, much less a Great-Grandchild, I knew you had that glow about you tonight," he said smiling and hugging me again...
I exhaled loudly without even realizing I'd been holding my breath, "Jake I've always considered you a like a son, and I couldn't be happier for you guys, so here's a toast" he said raising his glass, everyone followed his lead, including my father, "May Jake and Renesmee have a healthy child, and may he or she look just like it's Mother." Everyone started to laugh, and the tension was lifted like a cloud of fog, drifting away on a spring morning.
At that the book was being passed around the table, and everyone was throwing in their Congratulations, this had went much better than I'd anticipated, I was worried that the pack might take it the wrong way, much as they had my own birth, fear of the unknown, but Jake explained that with my being his imprint, and the pack having a window into his every thought, when he wanted them to... they had felt the emotion he had for me, and they couldn't deny our happiness, they would be there... we were family. Leah was the only one who didn't say a word, but Seth made up for both of them in enthusiasm, "I can't believe were going to have another baby around here, I'm sooo happy for you guys!" he hugged me, "Nessie, your gonna be a wonderful Mother, let's hope the baby takes after you and not ole Jake here," he said playfully punching Jacob as he rolled his eyes.
They all stayed longer than usual, and the shift that I felt on our wedding day, the two families becoming one seemed to really be solidified that night, I couldn't have been happier...

As Always With Love Renesmee Cullen-Black as interpreted by Elizabeth Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment