New Moon Pictures
Create Twilight and New Moon pictures.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The First Visit...

My Father heard our thoughts as we were approaching and met us at the back door, holding it open for us as we approached..
"And how are you this fine morning, my Darling Renesmee?" ,he said kissing me on the forehead.
"I'm better Dad, how are you?" ,I asked looking him in the eyes.
"I'll be better after this little visit is over, and all is well." ,he said eyeing Jake with a look that was none to friendly.. "Dad....." I said with my thoughts, and he rolled his eyes at me and placed his hand on my back leading me to the couch. Esme was sitting in the armchair reading an interior design magazine, she smiled.
"Carlisle will be down any moment Renesmee." ,he said.
"Where is everyone?" ,I said.
Just then my Mother came in from the kitchen, " Alice and Jasper are hunting, and I think Emmett and Rosalie are in their room. We came up so your Father could play the piano... it helps relieve his tension.." ,she said eyeing Jacob.
I was relieved for more reason than one when Carlisle came down the stairs just then, "Ahh, Renesmee, how are you this morning?" ,he said sounding more like a Doctor than normal, a certain gleam in his eye...
while he was nervous for me as his "Granddaughter" the Doctor in him couldn't resist a challenge, the chance to take on something new or unexpected, there was nothing he enjoyed more than fixing the unfixable, he would be learning every step of the way through this pregnancy, and he couldn't hide his excitement..
"I'm doing good, just ready to get started." , I said smiling.
"Well, why don't you and Jake follow me upstairs, I have my office all set up for you," ,I started to stand just as I heard the catch in my Mother's breathing...
I looked at Jake and he subtly shook his head yes..."Mom, do you want to come along?" ,I said "You know just this once..." Truth be known I wanted her there as much as she wanted to be there..
"Well, if it's alright with you", she said, a gleam in her eye, as she quickly followed behind..

We went up the stairs and turned the corner into Carlisle's office.... had it only been a few hours since we discovered that I was pregnant? Surely not, because Carlisle's office was unrecognizable, the desk that had once been the main focus of the room was gone, replaced with a hospital type bed, complete with stirrups, ughh... there was a bright light overhead, where once it was lit with soft reading lamps, and a very professional ultrasound machine in the corner, in eyeing that both of our hearts accelerated and Jake and I looked at each other and started smiling...

Obviously Carlisle knew my family history, he knew everything about me...almost, he had been chronicling my life since the day I was born, but with all the insight he had gained he still didn't know what was to be expected over the next nine months.... we thought nine months...
He checked all my vital signs, blood pressure, weight, and then we went onto the test we'd all been waiting for, the ultrasound...
I laid back on the bed, gently lifting up my shirt, while Carlisle and my Mother turned to the machine Jake gingerly laid his hand across my stomach, Carlisle flipped the switch and the machine groaned to life...
"It'll just take it a minute to get warmed up here," ,he said, squeezing gel onto my stomach..."Okay, then are you ready to get started?" ,he said very professionally.
Jake and I both shook our heads as Carlisle gently placed the wand to my stomach, slightly turning the volume up on the machine, you could've heard a pin drop... a mile away, when suddenly....
"Thump-bump, thump-bump, thump-bump."  Ahh, I started to gently laugh, and Jake's smile brightened up the whole room, my Mother had been biting her lip in anticipation and let out a sigh of relief as Jake playfully punched her on the arm, he leaned down and kissed me and we both turned our faces to the screen, there was a small flickering line on the screen..
"And, that's where the heart is," ,Carlisle said... I could feel the tears spill from my eyes, I looked up at Jake and he was discreetly wiping his face with the pads of his thumbs.
"So, how's everything look Doc?" Jake asked.
"Everything looks just fine Jacob, perfectly normal, we'll just keep a very close watch on things, perform all the standard tests, and take it one day at a time..." Carlisle said. "And this, Renesmee, my Dear, belongs to you, Carlisle said handing me a photo...the photo, the first official photo of our baby...
"And that one's definitely going in the book" Jake said as I handed him the picture...




                      As Always With Love Renesmee Cullen-Black as interpreted by Elizabeth Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment