New Moon Pictures
Create Twilight and New Moon pictures.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

The First Month...

Over the next few weeks, things went by pretty quickly, Carlisle ran all the expected tests and blood work and everything came back as normal, "Your pregnancy is progressing beautifully, Renesmee, your measuring a little large but, you are carrying Jacob's baby," he said smiling, "I see no cause for alarm just yet, but we'll keep a close eye on things anyway.."
Jake was absolutely beaming with excitement and I was absolutely....exhausted... The nightmares that had plagued me since the wedding, I felt my subconscious trying to let me know what was happening, were gone, and this sleep was pure bliss... I had gathered from the books I'd read on this sort of thing that people were usually tired and would get more energy around the four month mark, Carlisle also noted that my sudden aversion to hunting could be taxing on my energy as well, either way I was counting down the days, the first month flew by in a blur, I felt in a haze during most of the day, and Jake started to question if I had "narcolepsy" at one point, but he was so kind making dinner and straightening things up for me rubbing my shoulders until I would fall into unconsciousness, (fall not slip)  then this morning I woke up with a renewed sense of energy, I felt as good as I had before the pregnancy, before the wedding, before ever..
I rolled over to Jake, he was out like a light, his mouth hanging wide open, snoring...loudly, so I quietly crept into the kitchen to grab a glass of milk, I was standing in the door of the fridge drinking when I felt his arms wrap around my waist, gently cradling around my stomach... around my stomach, I knew I had been out of it, but I hadn't noticed this significant bump yesterday, I turned to Jake as he kissed my forehead,
"Why didn't you wake me, I would've gotten you a glass of milk.." he said tucking the loose curl behind my ear.
"I'm pregnant, not helpless Jake" I said "Hey, do I look like I've put on some weight to you?"
He looked at me for a moment, "You look beautiful Ness, as always.."
"No, seriously.." I said lifting my top, I was wearing one of Jake's t-shirts, and a pair of pajama pants with a robe thrown over top, everything was slightly baggy so it was hard to tell, but I knew, I could tell there was a significant difference, Jake could tell to, I could see it in his eyes, but his resolve to always say the right thing, went against his better judgement.
"Ness, your carrying a baby, my baby.. and you look absolutely beauti-"
"Jake, it's not about my self esteem here, granted I don't know alot about this sort of thing, but you usually don't start "showing" in the first month, from what I've heard anyway, and this" I said pointing at my stomach, "This is showing.."
He looked down smiling, "Maybe there is a slight difference, but have you seen this head, I mean seriously Ness, I must admit I feel a little sorry for you," he said laughing..
I started laughing too, "Yeah, maybe that's all it is, I have rarely seen a head as big as yours, in every sense of the word." I said giggling, cutting him a sly smile.
"Ha, Ha, Ha" he said, but he couldn't help but laugh too. "Well did you want to go lie back down for a little while?" he asked.
"No, actually I'm feeling much better this morning, I think I'm getting a little energy back now.." with this a huge smile spread across his face, while I knew he was extremely excited about the baby, I could tell he'd been a little lonely this month, what with all the sleeping, it would be good to get back to.... normal.
"Do you want to go visit your family this morning?" he asked. I wouldn't mind seeing them...
But I felt good... really good, I slowly leaned forward on my tippy toes, kissing him gently on his lips, his chin, his throat, lightly tracing my lips up to his ear... he let out a low growl and very gently lifted me up in his arms, cradling me to his bare chest, "Are you sure?" he whispered, I gently bit his earlobe... and that was effectively the end of that conversation...

As Always With Love Renesmee Cullen-Black as interpreted by Elizabeth Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment