New Moon Pictures
Create Twilight and New Moon pictures.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Diagnosis...

"What's up Doc?" Jake said, popping his lower lip out on the last word, I could tell he was hurt that I would try to talk to Carlisle without him, but I just loved him so much, and when he hurt I hurt, I didn't want him to worry, that was my reason for trying to talk to Carlisle alone..
But obviously by the look on his face, he was worried, he was hurt, and I had made a huge mistake...
"Well," Carlisle said "It seems things have taken an interesting turn in Renesmee's pregnancy."
"What's wrong?" Jake said, immediately coming to my side and taking my hand in both of his, "Don't sugarcoat it here, Doc" he said his eyes firmly set.
"Let's go have a seat and I'll give you my best assumption," Carlisle said motioning to the chairs in front of his desk.
Jake and I both walked to the seats, Jake had his hand on my lower back and I could feel him slightly trembling, I can't believe I had been so stupid to think that withholding anything from him was a good idea, it was so selfish, and I would have to work hard to make it up to him... but right now there were more pressing matters at hand..
"It seems, as has always been the case with Renesmee, something I foreseen but hoped we wouldn't have to address.."
"Anyday now Doc.." Jake said clearly anxious.
"Well, it seems that the pregnancy is progressing at a faster rate than expected, everything's perfectly normal, the baby is showing no signs of distress, Renesmee seems perfectly healthy, it's as to be expected.... for someone entering their second trimester.." he said.
My jaw dropped and I didn't have to look at Jake to know he looked the same..
"If the pregnancy continues to progress at this rate, we have a little over a month before the baby will be full term, I must say it's quite fascinating, I should've expected it.. I did, and still it's....fascinating."
Now that wasn't something you seen everyday, a Vampire astounded at the unthinkable..
I guess to everyone else this seemed to be alot to take in, it was alot to take in.. I mean don't get me wrong, I was slightly shocked, but this I could deal with. I mean after all, it was the "norm-" for me, things always went a tad bit faster than they should have, so I guess this would be no different, I thought.
I looked at Jake, his mouth still hanging wide open, I gently took his chin turning his face to mine..
"It's gonna be okay Jake, we can deal with this, as long as everybody's healthy that's what's most important, right?" ,he gently shook his head, "We're just gonna have to get ready a little faster than we thought, right?" again he shook his head, geez I thought ,snap out of it already..
I heard a light tap on the door, my Mother and Father were standing in the doorway, they had spoken to Alice outside, and came to check on things. I could tell by my father's face that he had read everyone's thoughts already, he didn't like that I was taking this lightly, that I could tell, he often spoke of how my reactions to things tended to astound him, much like my Mother, he would mumble, as Carlisle began to explain the latest news to my Mother, Jake seemed to start coming around..
He robotically stood up, taking my hand, "Well, I think that's enough for one day, Ness how about we head back home then.."
"Okay," I said, as we passed my Mother she looked worried, not by the latest news, but by Jake's reaction, I gently shrugged my shoulders as we left the room.
When we got out into the fresh air, it seemed to help a bit, he took in several deep breaths, and we stopped out front of the house, I lifted my hand to his throat...are you okay? he shook his head ... this isn't as bad as you think...
"Bad, no Ness I don't think it's bad, I just... you know I thought I had nine months to prepare, I'm just a little nervous.. I mean two and a half months, I just... Do you think I'm ready to be someones Father I mean do you think I'm good enough?" he asked hanging his head..
I thought for a moment, wanting it to be perfect when I explained, I didn't feel like the words could come out the way I wanted them to so I lifted my hand to his throat again, Jake your perfect, your everything, there's no one else better suited, I couldn't imagine a better Father, a better friend....
Malachi 4:6
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers;
I know you and I know your heart, that's all that matters, there's nothing more important, everything else falls into place, whether it's nine months or two, you will be an amazing Father Jacob...
 
He gently shook his head looking into my eyes and softly kissed my lips, cradling my stomach in his hands, and I knew him as well as I knew myself....we were ready...


 
As Always With Love Renesmee Cullen-Black as interpreted by Elizabeth Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment