New Moon Pictures
Create Twilight and New Moon pictures.

Monday, September 13, 2010

The First Month...I thought...

Later that afternoon, when Jake and I were able to pull ourselves out of our room, which I must admit, was no easy task..We went up to visit my family, I still felt really good, but I wanted to privately speak to Carlisle, just to see if my fears this morning were in any way justified.
As we approached the house Alice and Jasper were washing her Ferrari right outside the garage, "Hi, Nessie" Alice said beaming, she danced over and wrapped me in a hug, as she stepped back her eyes were huge with wonder. "Oh my..." she said placing her cold hands on my stomach.
So it was justified then. I was not crazy, Jasper sensing the sudden anxiousness is the air, began to control the climate, but not before noting with his keen vampire sight that he too noticed the significant change.
I reached my hand up to show Alice how I was feeling... worried, and ask where my mother was.."
"She and your father are out hunting," she said "They assumed if you came up to visit today, it wouldn't be until later in the afternoon." she said giggling. Geez, I really had been out of it lately, more than I realized.
Jake and Jasper were talking about the car, Jake drooling actually, and I took that as an opportunity to hopefully talk to Carlisle. While Jasper had Jake's attention occupied, I discreetly lifted my hand to show Alice that I wanted to talk to Carlisle....in private. She knew that Jake would be upset, upset that I was trying to keep anything from him, but I felt it was best because he always worried so much, and maybe there was nothing to worry about..
I casually walked inside, Carlisle and Esme were at the table quietly talking to one another, hand in hand with their heads close together, they both turned as I opened the door. Carlisle, not only being a doctor, with years of experience in all fields, but also a vampire with remarkable senses could tell right away that I had changed, perhaps because he'd been studying me since the day of my birth..
Esme could sense the urgency in my eyes, so without words, we all went up the stairs to our makeshift Doctor's office...
Right away Carlisle began with the usual routine, as he was measuring with his tape, something I found amazing, considering the evolution of medicine, all the technology that we had available to us today, the most reliable form of measuring one's pregnancy was a measuring tape, still it must be appropriate if Carlisle was using it.
He gently took the measurements, a line of worry creasing his forehead, suddenly making him look like a Doctor... yes, in this moment he was absolutely in Dr. mode, with full concentration. Again he took the measurements as if something would change, as if he'd been wrong, if he could've been wrong..
After the third time measuring, he took a step back and drew in a deep breath, placing his hand to his chin, I began to get more nervous, my heart accelerating, and at just that moment Jake walked through the door...

As Always With Love Renesmee Cullen-Black as interpreted by Elizabeth Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment