New Moon Pictures
Create Twilight and New Moon pictures.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Shower...

I woke up to the sun shining brightly through the patio doors in our bedroom, it was a bright sunny day, and I could hear the birds chirping outside... this would make the average person cheerful, not that I wasn't happy, today was the baby shower I'd been anxiously awaiting, but I actually preferred the rain, it was soothing... it was all I'd ever known, due to my families "genealogy" it was essential to living an everyday life.
But the sunny weather would be a perfect backdrop to the shower none the less, Alice had covered the backyard with a huge white tent, filled with twinkly lights, and beautiful arrangements on the tables, more suitable for a wedding, absolutely beautiful, ostentatious without a doubt, completely overdone, soo Alice.. I thought smiling.





But she no doubt did it out of pure love, and I was very excited.. it would be a mid afternoon "floating" shower, and I use that in the most lenient of terms, because due to the guest list, by tonight it would feel like several small parties in one. We had to plan the arrival of our guests very meticulously...Not all of our family friends adhered to the vegan diet my family preferred...
As I arrived to the shower, and walked into the tent it literally took my breath away, it was absolutely beautiful, Jake was at my side, in his button down and tie (his only tie, by the way) Alice had bought me a designer maternity dress just for the occasion, that I found hanging in my closet wrapped in a garment bag this morning, it was a deep shade of blue, she had told me how much she felt the color complimented my skin and eyes...
"She really overdoes these things, doesn't she" Jake said shaking his head in awe.
"Yeah, but I love her anyway." I said, just as Alice came up wrapping me in a hug.
"As I love you, Renesmee. So you really like it?" she said smiling, she would've had tears in her eyes if it were possible, no doubt.
"Of course, it's beautiful.. I can't wait till everyone gets here, they'll be amazed.." I said.
"Well lets take you to your throne, my Dear" she said giggling.
"How about you point me to the food" Jake said, rubbing his stomach "I'm starving."
"Ugh, is that all you ever think about? Your appetite, honestly are you even supposed to be here, showers are for women you know," she said shooting him a glare.
"Well, the pack from La Push are coming, besides when have we ever did anything traditional around here anyway?" he said.
"It's okay, honey I want you here," I said "I couldn't imagine it without you."
He leaned down and kissed me, sticking his tongue out at Alice, just as Rosalie carried a tray of meatballs fresh from the oven right past us,and Jake lost all train of thought, his nose leading him in that direction, all I could do was laugh.
I sat down on my throne, settling in to welcome the array of guests that were on their way, it would be an interesting day to say the least...

As Always With Love Renesmee Cullen-Black as interpreted by Elizabeth Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment