New Moon Pictures
Create Twilight and New Moon pictures.

Friday, September 17, 2010

The Perfect Day...

I sat anxiously awaiting the arrival of the first guests, my Grandpa Charlie and Sue, the pack from La Push,  and my Grandmother Renee were coming by first..
It was amazing the onset the last ten years had brought, Charlie who had spent the majority of his adult life a workaholic, passing endless hours at the county jail, to stave off the lonely nights, always wondering what he could've done to prevent my Grandmother Renee from leaving....Finally came to the realization, that he gave all he could give, he loved my Mother with his whole heart, and now he was able to give some of that loveto Sue, have a granddaughter, and soon a great grandchild, it was all he could've ever asked for... a family, and he was so happy to be at the shower today...
The pack from La Push, once mortal enemies to my family, were here today, in perfect ease, in loving support of Jake and his imprint, their family, that was one of the most amazing revelations that our love had brought together, and 10 years after awaiting my birth, thinking it would set forth a war between our two families, now they awaited the birth of our child in unison with my family, and Billy was spilling over with joy at the thought of having a grandchild and according to my Father hoped it would look like me, I smiled at that thought, I felt truly blessed to have two fathers...
My Grandmother Renee was in from Florida, it took several years after my birth for my Mother to be able to work up the nerve to introduce the two of us. I appeared to be eight or nine when we met, yet I was no where near that age, and I can remember the look in her eyes, when my Mother introduced me as the newest member of the Cullen family, and adoptee of Carlisle and Esme, my Mother had often spoke of her intuitiveness, the way she very quickly read people, I saw her expression as her eyes met mine... my eyes, my Mother's eyes, she knew right away... yet she could've cared less, she loved me as if we'd met on day one, and though she never referred to me as her granddaughter, abiding by the unspoken rule that the "public" story was the most important, she loved me just the same, and I loved her, and she couldn't wait to meet our child, she rarely traveled to Forks, but she wouldn't have missed today for the world...
We sat talking, catching up, wagering on whether or not it would be a boy or a girl, to anyone from the outside it would've appeared to be a normal baby shower, and in many ways it was, no one could doubt the love and excitement for the impending birth in this room, this child would be surrounded by so many different kinds of love, I..we were truly blessed...
And not long after the first round of guests departed for the day, the second set came in from all parts of the world..
We had to be very careful whom we invited from this part of  "our world", there was a stigma attached to our family, even in this life of surreal fantasy. We went against the grain, against our basic instincts, and while I found it noble not everyone agreed with that. And, because of this we were not on everyone's favorite list, the most important being the Volturi, so we had to be very careful who we shared our blessed news with, because not everyone found it a blessing...
Because of that fact we invited the Denali's with great trepidation on my Mother's part because she felt they were truly the weakest link, still they had shown up very graciously, with nothing but well wishes, I was happy to see them, and was hopeful for nothing but a peaceful future, I wanted to always see the best in everyone, and I would always be grateful for them standing beside my family on my behalf...
The nomads all came to visit, Mary, Peter and Charlotte. Our Egyptian friends Benjamin, and Tia. All seemed excited and bringing well wishes for our health, as I've said before I felt we would always be connected due to the great battle we faced on my behalf, I would forever be grateful...
Nahuel sent a very beautiful card
"I wish you nothing but the best on the impending birth of your child, I hope your all in great health and spirits, and I will be thinking of you during this important time of your life..
                                                                       with love my Dear Renesmee, Nahuel
... to which Jacob, rolled  his eyes, I felt as though that was a fair response and let it go at that...
And last but certainly not least was my dear friend Zafrina, who visited with well wishes and filled my mind with images of chubby babies in fields of flowers, I smiled and wished that she would've been able to stay for the birth, that could've been a nice distraction from the task at hand, but that was obviously not an option...
We rounded out the night with well wishes from everyone as they departed, and Jake and I made our way back to the little red house, it had been such a long day, and I was absolutely exhausted, but it couldn't have gone any better. I was so happy and amazed that everything had went so beautifully and Jake looked absolutely content in the moonlight tonight... Today was...perfect, and then a pain shot through me that literally dropped me to my knees...the last vision that went through my mind was Jake's panicked expression.

As Always With Love Renesmee Cullen-Black as interpreted by Elizabeth Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment