New Moon Pictures
Create Twilight and New Moon pictures.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Realization Hits....Hard

Everyone was finicky over me all day, I really was okay, just very unbelievably tired...
Carlisle had an afternoon shift at the hospital, so he insisted on doing some blood work, and taking it along to run a "few more tests, better safe than sorry", he'd said.
Esme made Jake and I a nice breakfast, I ate 2 scrambled eggs, and I felt much better afterwards,
"You seem to have a little more color back in your face", Jake said stroking my cheek with the back of his hand... "Yeah, I feel much better now maybe it was just the lack of sleep and low blood sugar", I said pecking him on the cheek.
My Mother and Father came around the corner, my Mother finally looked back to normal, she'd followed me around with a worried expression all morning, a line of worry creasing between her eyes, my Father reading my every thought making sure there wasn't anything that I wasn't saying..
She smiled and rubbed my hair, tucking the loose curl behind my ear, "I'm glad your feeling better dear, your Grandpa Charlie and Sue are coming over to visit later, and I was hoping you'd be back to normal.  He's ready to see all the wedding photos, your Father read in his thoughts at the wedding that he had taken down my kindergarten picture on the mantle to clear out a space for his official wedding photo", she said smiling.
We all started laughing, and she mouthed "Thank You" in my direction.
Just then there was a light knock at the door, Esme went to welcome Charlie and Sue, and our family spent the rest of the evening looking over all the photos Alice had picked up from the photographer just the day before...
They were truly beautiful, the light that day was just enough to cast an amazing glow across the wedding party, you could almost see a faint glimmer in the faces of my family.. Jake decided to keep the photo of the two of us standing by his house looking out at the lake, he said this was for the "book".
Esme fixed a lovely meal for everyone, we all sat around shooting the breeze, just thankful for each other's company, our happiness, our love, our health.....
After we said goodbye to Grandpa Charlie and Sue for the night, Charlie with a stack of photos under his arm. We said goodnight to my family, hugging my Mother and Father, and started walking towards our house..
We'd made it about halfway there, when Jake pulled me to a stop with the hand he'd been holding, we'd reached a break in the trees and we were standing right in the moonlight... he passionately kissed me, wrapping his hands in my hair, I could feel my breathing speed up, feel my heart accelerating. He wrapped his arms around my waist whispering in my ear, "Ness, I love you, thank you for being my wife.."
I smiled as we started walking back towards the house...
But there was an understated urgency to his kiss, I'd have to explore that later, sometimes I felt Jacob knew me better than I knew myself...
My life had flown by so fast, sometimes it was hard to savor every important moment, moments like that when we just took the time to stop, smell the roses and affirm the emotion and love at that moment, those were the most important moments to me, not grand gestures small intimate moments, those were the ones that you couldn't replace, they meant the most... I was so thankful that Jake realized that, he was such a simple, beautiful man..
I was so thankful for my family, friends, and husband, I truly could not ask for more, as we got closer to the house I couldn't help but be thankful for all the beautiful things in my life. Time had been such a blur since the wedding with all the pieces of my life falling into place with perfect clarity, I had everything I'd ever hoped for that's when I realized what I didn't have, the one thing that I was missing..... and I froze my heart stopping...

As Always With Love Renesmee Cullen-Black as interpreted by Elizabeth Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment